Sunday, September 19, 2010

W. Page. By Mark Gaviglio

I’m sitting in a train without a destination. This train is painted black, and my thoughts are no longer pure. I got on this train when I was still a kid, and ever since I’ve been on this train I’ve had no regrets. My face has grown scarred and lifeless. My eyes have grown black and my heart is long gone.

All I do on this train is stare out the window as it passes by a landscape of fire and chaos. This day is different; today I’m starring out the train window at the most stunningly amazing sight. I see a purple pony. In mist of the rage and anger I usually see out this window I see a pony. Not just any pony, this pony is most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen.

This pony is prancing like an angel through the countryside. Regardless of the chaos in the fields, this pony moves untouched over the chaos. Soaring unaffected by the fire, the screams, and the pain.

I can’t help but smile as I watch this being of love. This pony is so pure and full of life in the middle of my countryside of hate. My smile grows and tears come to my eyes. These tears are the first glimpse of life I have shown since I got on this black train. The black hole that used to be my heart starts to shutter and pulse. I get a feeling of release as my heart reforms in my chest and starts beating again.

The pony starts to glow with white light, exposing the life I forgot. The sky turns from jet black to a beautiful blue. The tears now fall from off my face, as my fist clench tight. I start to mumble to myself, but I can’t form any words. The sight of beautiful life makes my own life spark back into me.

After the skies clear, the landscapes turn from chaos to green fields of life. I see skin fall in my lap. I feel my face as the scares fall off of me. The reflection in the window shows me my face. For the first time since I got on the train I can see signs of youth and emotion in my face. The train starts to slowly turn from black to white. My face starts to hurt from my smile. The painful smile is the first pain I’ve felt in a long time, but it’s the best pain there can ever be.

The train comes to a stop as the pony stands on the tracks in its way. I stand up wondering if this could finally be my stop. I wonder if something so pure and wonderful could really be here for me.

I step off my white train and I look into the breathtaking landscape. This landscape is so full of life. I walk to the front of the train to see the pony, the beautiful purple magical-beast.

As I walk towards the pony I hear the scream. The worst sound I have ever heard. The sound makes my heart explode in my chest. My tears of joy turn to black ink. The landscape turns back to chaos. The sky turns back to black. My fingernails turn yellow and crack. I drop to my knees. I start to crawl alongside the train as I feel all the life in me disappear again.

My knees start to bleed as I crawl. I make it to the front of the train only to find my only source of joy and purity lying in a pool of blood. The pony is lifeless. Someone did it. Someone was so jealous of the good in the pony that it brought then it kill her. The person killed the only thing that could have saved me from my own endless ride through fire and chaos. This little emperor strangled the life out of the only beautiful thing in my world.

I find myself back on the train. The train is black again and so is the sky.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! I love it. Your writing is so passionate and descriptive. :) It makes me want to know more and or keep reading if you know what I mean. :) Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete